Each breed has a dedicated page on which you can find all sorts of information, in particular:
- a short presentation text to find out more about this breed;
- this breed's characteristics on Dogzer;
- the standard capacity that dogs of this breed have;
- coats available for this breed;
- the best breeders of this breed;
- the best breedings for this breed;
- statistics about dogs of this breed;
- some dogs of this breed: the best dogs in terms of capacity, level, those that have received a progress star, those that are for sale...
A breed's page also contains different community elements, in particular:
- players who like this breed;
- groups that are talking about this breed;
- discussions about this breed on the forums.
The comparison between the capacity of the best dogs of a certain breed and the breed's standard capacity allows you to measure its progress: the wider the gap, the more advanced this breed is in the game.
Some very wide progress gaps can exist between breeds, especially depending on the number of breeders who have dogs and breedings of this breed.
Always show this help
Beauceron: the protective shepherd dog
The Beauceron is known traditionally as the Sheepdog from Beauce. Physically, it''s a big dog - solid, rustic, muscly and powerful. It weighs between 66 and 100 pounds and varies in height - 24 to 27.5 inches. The Beauceron sets itself apart with its chiseled head, pronounced features and floppy ears. Since the 70s, Beaucerons have become very popular. They were never part of a temporary trend. There are more than 4000 Beaucerons born every year in Frane.
At first, Beaucerons were used to protect sheep herds. In the Middle Ages, they were herding dogs. What''s more, their ancestor was also bred for protection and herding. This is why the Beauceron is given these two roles. It''s a particularly enduring dog and it needs to regularly exercise for its well-being. A sporty dog with a keen sense of smell, it adapts well and excels in a number of disciplines. They master search and rescue, tracking and sled pulling activities as well as beauty contests. They also particularly excel in biting tests.
The Beauceron is a guard dog but also makes an excellent pet. It''s very affectionate and enjoys the company of humans and is friendly towards children. However, the Beauceron is a dog that needs to be perfectly trained.