Each breed has a dedicated page on which you can find all sorts of information, in particular:
- a short presentation text to find out more about this breed;
- this breed's characteristics on Dogzer;
- the standard capacity that dogs of this breed have;
- coats available for this breed;
- the best breeders of this breed;
- the best breedings for this breed;
- statistics about dogs of this breed;
- some dogs of this breed: the best dogs in terms of capacity, level, those that have received a progress star, those that are for sale...
A breed's page also contains different community elements, in particular:
- players who like this breed;
- groups that are talking about this breed;
- discussions about this breed on the forums.
The comparison between the capacity of the best dogs of a certain breed and the breed's standard capacity allows you to measure its progress: the wider the gap, the more advanced this breed is in the game.
Some very wide progress gaps can exist between breeds, especially depending on the number of breeders who have dogs and breedings of this breed.
Always show this help
Brittany: an unparalleled hunter
The Brittany is a dog breed originally from Brittany in France. It was developed in the 1800s in Northwestern France where all the breedings were located. Currently, the Brittany is one of the most popular dogs in France and all over the world.
In the United States, the Brittany was originally called the Brittany Spaniel and was known as the only "pointing" Spaniel. The AKC later removed "spaniel" from the name as Spaniels were known more for flushing game than pointing game. Therefore leaving the breed known as the Brittan
The Brittany is a short-haired and sporty dog. At first sight, its appearance makes it seem strong and full of life. The Brittany sets itself apart with it''s height and elegance. It''s a leggy dog (its height is the same as its length) and so its silhouette is neither heavy or bulky. Unlike the French Spaniel, the Brittany is born with a short tail called "tailless". The Brittany is generally white and red, even though it can be shades of black and white or brown and white.
The Brittany is an obedient and intelligent animal. A hunting dog by nature, it was created and well-known for its hunting abilities. It has a very developed nose and makes an excellent pointer and retriever in hunting. Brittany dogs prefer the countryside to the city. However, since they are of a flexible character, they can adapt easily to urban life if they are taken out a lot. What''s more, the Brittany is perfectly suited to be a pet. It''s a loyal and affectionate dog. It doesn''t have any aggressive tendencies and so it can live with other animals and it gets on wonderfully with children.