Dogfoodno.7

Presence: 3 days

Old 11-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Here are a few riddles. Hope you enjoy!

1. A man and his son were in a terrible car crash. The man died while the son was rushed to hospital. The doctor looked at the boy and said, "I can't operate on this boy. He's my son". How is this possible?

2. You are a spy. You have 9 blocks of gold but one of them is a fake and weighs slightly less than the other ones. You have a balance scale (look at picture below if you do not know I am talking about) but you can only use it twice. How do you figure out which was the fake?

3. Detective John Smith turned up at the station 1 minute late. He didn't start working, he just looked at his watch, sighed, and went home. Why did he not start working?

Please do not google answers or expect a prize for getting them right. This is all just meant to be fun.
Announcements
  Sneasel

Sneasel
· Agility
· Pongo's Pups
Club: House of Hobbits, NZ
Presence: 2,056 days

Old 11-25-2015, 09:36 PM
#1: Easy. The doctor is his mother o.O

FluffMania
· Swap Hop
Presence: 356 days

Old 11-26-2015, 03:42 AM
#1: Yes, the doctor is the boy's mother. I heard that one recently, actually.
#2: I have no idea! If you wouldn't mind, may we have a clue on this one if others can't answer it? I've already deduced that putting four on one side and five on the other would not work...
#3: Det. John Smith did not start working because he arrived at the train station one minute late. This also explains why he looked at his watch, sighed, and went back home - he checked the time to see if he had missed the train, sighed because he was frustrated about missing the train, and went back home since he had no business being at the station if he missed the train.
 MillieC28

Presence: 9 days

Old 12-03-2015, 05:54 PM
I know the answer to #2, but it would not be fair to mention anything as Dogfoodno.7 is my best friend in real life, and has asked me this riddle hundreds of times!
I've actually got a riddle of my own, so I'll label it #4....
#4: A baby fell out of a window of a 20 storey building. He landed on the pavement below but was absolutely unharmed. How is this possible?

Also as Dogfoodno.7 specified, please don't use Google to help you!
  karibari

karibari
· Disc Dog
· The Doctor Who club
Club: The Cavendish Hills Club
Presence: 723 days

Old 12-03-2015, 11:12 PM
The Detective didn't start work at the Police Station because he looked at his watch (which also showed the day of the week) and realized that it was his day off.

CAVENDISH HILLS KENNEL CLUB
~ Vets ~ Groomers ~ Cobblers (for free repairs) ~ Dog Instructors ~ always hiring
 KK-Sia

Presence: 10 days

Old 12-04-2015, 10:01 AM
The surgeon is his mother
What?
Because work is 1 minute long.
 FluffMania

FluffMania
· Swap Hop
Presence: 356 days

Old 12-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieC28 View Post
I've actually got a riddle of my own, so I'll label it #4....
#4: A baby fell out of a window of a 20 storey building. He landed on the pavement below but was absolutely unharmed. How is this possible?
I believe this is possible because the baby was a cat. I may be stretching the "cats always land on their feet" rule, though, since I don't know how high it has to be for them to actually be injured, nor if they can't do that until they're older.
 estiego11

estiego11
· Obedience
· Nothin' but Dog talk!
Club: The DG Kennel Club
Presence: 53 days

Old 12-24-2015, 11:48 AM
The detective was late so he couldn't follow the person he was supposed to.

karibari
· Disc Dog
· The Doctor Who club
Club: The Cavendish Hills Club
Presence: 723 days

Old 12-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Gold - 9 / 3 = 3, (so, how to weigh 3 sets of 3 bars (on only 2 sides to determine the fake)

STEP 1 (first weighing): Put the Bars into 3 groups of 3 bars of gold each (group A, group B, group C)
First weighing, put the 3 bars of group A on one side and 3 bars of gold from group B on the other side

- iF BOTH SIDES from STEP 1 WEIGH THE SAME, (Step 2) you know that the fake is going to be one of the 3 bars from Group C that you didn't weigh. To determine which one: Take one of the bars from Group C and put it on one side of the scale and another bar from Group C on the second side of the scale. If one side is lighter, then you know that that bar is the fake. If both sides are the same, though, you know that the 3rd bar from Group C (the one you didn't weigh) is the fake.

IF ONE SIDE from STEP 1 IS LIGHTER, you'll know that the fake is one of the 3 bars from the Group on that side. Now, for Step 2 take that lighter weight group and put 1 of it's bars on one side of the scale and a bar on the other side. If one side is lighter, that is the fake bar; If they weigh the same, then you know the bar that you didn't weigh in Step 2 is the fake.

CAVENDISH HILLS KENNEL CLUB
~ Vets ~ Groomers ~ Cobblers (for free repairs) ~ Dog Instructors ~ always hiring
 WolfDuchess

WolfDuchess
· Sled race
· Canine Hill Rescue Centre
Presence: 78 days

Old 06-06-2016, 10:27 PM
#1 Easy - His mum
#2 Wut??
#3 He was late! He'd missed the train or work or the person to follow or whatever...
#4 It fell out of the bottom floor's window.

Wow. I love riddles!

Edit: Wow, I posted this like 6 months after the last post... Oops!
http://www.dogzer.net/blog/7388-cani...rescue-centre/

Last edited by WolfDuchess; 06-06-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Didn't look at dates!
  Sneasel

Sneasel
· Agility
· Pongo's Pups
Club: House of Hobbits, NZ
Presence: 2,056 days

Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 AM
Given thread is from last year, locking