Go Back   Dogzer forum > Ads > Breeding
Reply Post New Thread
SuperPup2

Old 09-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi there!

I was wondering if I could sell my dog to someone, have them train my dog to 50% HS or higher and then I can buy my dog back off them. Anyone prepared to do that?????

Thanks!

SuperPup2

Breeding pups on request, prices are negotiable and I'm pretty flexible. A few dogs are listed in the sales, check 'em out.
Please vote for
Olaf and Ruby . All votes received will be returned. Thank chu all, fer reading!
Announcements
  Sneasel

Sneasel
· Agility
· Pongo's Pups
Club: House of Hobbits, NZ
Presence: 2,151 days

Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Given you only have a handful of dogz, and it costs a lot to have someone train your dogs, you would have to find someone willing to do it for free. And they would make a massive loss o.O An estimate of costs as I quoted for someone else:

Quote:
take a look at these actual numbers if training a dog to 80% (and this assumes everything is the lowest possible price and that it takes to 5 years to get there given shows are slow and changes to comps recently)

5x vaccinations on each year @50 dogz each = 250 dogz
board in cheapest kennel club at min 4 day =4x 10 = 40 dogz
feeding min for 4 years = 60 mths x 20 dogz = 1200 dogz
vet visit every 4 mths due to minimum feed = 15 mths x 20 dogz = 300 dogz
groomer twice a year = 10x 20= 200dogz
Illness that needs treatment @6dogz every 3 mths = 20x 6= 120 dogz
250 comps to get required 33 wins@ 5 enty cost = 1290 dogz

Total cost 3400 dogZ before any wins earn back some money. This also doesn't account foe the approx 60 hourglasses you will need to use as a non member o.O
And then to quote them for 50% HS:

Quote:
50 is approx 60% of 80, so I would expect 60% of the costs would be a fair value. I would charge at least 2,000 dogz to train to 50% to ensure your costs are covered. You would be fair to add on a bit to cover your hourglass spend as a non member if you chose. According to the calculation Dreamzer has set up, 25 hourglasses = 250 dogz

Old 09-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
Given you only have a handful of dogz, and it costs a lot to have someone train your dogs, you would have to find someone willing to do it for free. And they would make a massive loss o.O An estimate of costs as I quoted for someone else:

And then to quote them for 50% HS:
Thanks! I'll give it a go. Either that or I will possibly save my dogz' until I have enough to pay for someone else to HS train my dog ( I might consult you ). And since it's 60 hourglasses worth I'll invest in one magic hourglass. Uh....can I ask you another question??

Breeding pups on request, prices are negotiable and I'm pretty flexible. A few dogs are listed in the sales, check 'em out.
Please vote for
Olaf and Ruby . All votes received will be returned. Thank chu all, fer reading!

Last edited by SuperPup2; 09-22-2014 at 08:09 AM.
  Sneasel

Sneasel
· Agility
· Pongo's Pups
Club: House of Hobbits, NZ
Presence: 2,151 days

Old 09-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Of course Sorry, I didn't see this until now o.o

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
Of course Sorry, I didn't see this until now o.o
Sneasel, It's fine. I'll send u a PM if I'd like u HS train my dog. Right now since I'm under 1,000 dogz' I'll try the first option.

Please vote for
Reply Post New Thread