President of a breed club
|President of a breed club: the expert on dog breeds…
A president of a breed club is someone who is specialized in a specific dog breed. They could be thought of as an authentic expert on this dog breed and its standards. The mission of a president of a breed club is to recruit the best dogs of this breed to their club.
The president of a breed club has several roles:
- They promote the breed to dog breeders by referring to current standards.
- They promote the breed to club members, dog judges and the general public.
- They organize meetings between enthusiasts of this breed.
- They support the amateurs of the breed.
- They uphold, highlight and improve the qualities which draw attention to the breed.
- They organize annual canine exhibitions.
- They give advice to future dog owners.
- They put in place the scoring grid. This grading grid shows all the criteria needed for a dog to be classed with the best canine exhibition prize-winners.
- They also establish an ethical code whereby dog breeders who have a quality breeding system appear on this charter and respect certain norms concerning the well-being and the lifestyle of their dogs: hygienic environment for the animals, feeding, regular visits to the vet to make sure the dogs are in good health, etc.
|Do you have a website on presidents of a breed club? Click here to start a partnerships with us and have it featured on this page.|